Sunday 15 April 2012

Winter Trees

Part 6 – Parallel Projects


Project: Winter Trees

  

I decided to try to do an Abstract in my own way of the winter tree outside my window, it has the feel of a fifties picture on the right hand side, but I adopted the leaves as I used them in my Summer Seasonal painting.

I used Caran D’Ache Neocolor II watersoluble wax pastels, but didn’t apply any water, as the cartridge paper would have buckled.





Whilst a thin covering of snow was on the ground I did this water colour sketch showing the skeleton shapes of trees near my house.  I used Bockingford rough paper.  I used white oil pastel on the trunks.





Again using Bockingford rough I painted this slightly freer group of willow trees with their gnarled trunks and flowing branches, and applied some wax pastel for the hint of white snow on the trunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment